Sunday, November 11, 2007

A job to do

While being out with Godma last Friday and just left with the 2 of us, we were making our way to Tangs to get my bag. We began chatting about Christmas.

Christmas is a wonderful part of the year. The end of the year, cooling, everyone's in a good mood with all the festivals coming etc etc I was sharing with her, we've already set up our Nativity and Christmas tree in preparation for it. She of course went, "Har?! So fast!!!"

Anyway, that's not the main point. The main point was, it got her thinking back to year 2003, Christmas.

That was the first year that hubby and I went to CTK for Christmas Eve mass. And for some reason, she did not go overseas. She went on to say that it's been a long long long time since she celebrated Christmas in Singapore. Every year, she'll be somewhere with her family. But that year, so happen that she did not go away and was in Singapore.

It got the both of us thinking.

To me, I was grateful to her for being able to reserve us seats for mass and then show us what to do and all. Of course, the greater thanks got to be given to God, who arranged it. For sure, if Godma was not at that mass, hubby and I will definitely not have gone for it.

For her, she said, God must have given her this job to do, that's why in all the years, only that particular year, she was in Singapore.

God really works in strange ways and in ways that we'll never have thought off. But 1 thing is for certain, He will have already paved out the way and the people / angels that will lead us to His way. For that, I'm grateful and thankful.

It also once again assures me that, no challenge is too great for God, as long as we put our faith and trust in him, all things will work out. There is no exceptions to any matter. As long as our faith and trust and ways are what he has in store for us, there will not be any exceptions.

I thank you, Lord, for being here, all the time and forever. I know that in you, all things are possible and before you bless us with anything, you would already have thought of whats and hows. My only job left is to let you do your will to me and I pray that I have the discipline and obedience to follow through your mighty plans.

Amen.

No comments: