Sunday, December 03, 2006

1st Advent - Hope

Another year has past.

We celebrated the 1st Advent - Hope, in CTK during mass earlier. And we've changed our Sunday Missal to Year C. Which is the very very first missal that I've been reading since I first come to CTK. So think back, it's already been 3 years.

And not just the Missal was changed. Even the breaking bread (hymn book) is changed too! I like the colour very much. So "advent!" haha.. BTW, advent colours are purple and pink. There will be 4 weeks of advent which symbolises "waiting" coz after the advent season is Christmas, which we all take is as the birth of Christ. Of course, I now know that Christmas is not the actual day that Christ was born, it's just a symbolic day.

In catholic churches, we do not need to bring our bible to the Sunday mass, coz all of us will bring different bibles so i't across ALL the catholic churches that we will do our readings from the Missal, which rotates from Year A, to B to C. We were told that if we go for daily mass and all sunday mass, at the end of 3 years, we would have completed reading the WHOLE bible. Wow! I never think I can finished reading the whole bible. But it would be so wonderful to be able to do it one day. =)

Fr. Yim asked, last year, today, 3 Dec 2005, what were you doing? Can you remember?

My response... preparing for our house blessing. 3 Dec 2004, ROM with hubby. Of course, it's not meant to be so shallow la.. but seriously, last year this date, what were you doing?

No comments: