Monday, January 01, 2007

Thanksgiving

What are the blessings that have been bestowed on you for the past year?

This was what the priest asked us during his homily at the Thanksgiving mass earlier.

I took a long while to think thru the past year. What are the blessings that I've been blessed with? To my horror, I cannot remember any. But now as I think thru, there was nothing that made 2006 terrible.

But honestly, even till now, I cannot recall a single most important blessing that has happened. Not that nothing good has happened. It's just that plenty of small blessings and I cannot remember any significiant blessing.

Could it be my further studies? Could it be that my mom was OK and given a clean bill of health? Could it be that my marriage is doing ok? Could it be that I have kind IL's? I don't know, cannot pin point any.

But I must say, as I look back now, plenty of small and good blessings. Even when anything seem to be not doing well, it always turn up fine and good, with God's graces and blessings.

I got to be Thankful for...
My mom was discharged after 3 weeks in SGH and given a clean bill of health.
Open House 06 went on beautifully.
My catechumens were all baptised.
My company sending me for further studies.
My family is supportive of me.
Though hubby is not working, but our marriage is not affected.
With the grace of God, I don't push and nag hubby as much of work issues.
I have a stable job.
Relationship with momsy and sis is improving.
I have good and loving friends.
I have kind parents in laws.
I have a wonderful, loving and God fearing hubby.
I'm blessed with understanding superiors.
I managed to get my 2 surities.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And I guess the lists goes on and on and on... Most of it, I cannot remember.

And the bad? I think, none. Just that some of my prayers are not answered and I think, God's answer to that is just a simple "No".

No comments: