Thursday, February 01, 2007

"Come to me all who are burdened and I will give you rest"

I went for my FIRST kickbox session of the year and I passed by St Andrew's Church at City Hall.

Their banner read, "Come to me all who are burdened and I will give you rest." This phrase has always been a favourite of mine and when I saw it earlier, I was thinking, good place to place such a verse since there will be lots of people who will see it.

But! God has a deeper meaning for me. That message was meant for me! (of course to everyone else as well). Why right? Coz... shortly after I reached home, after my bath, before I was even able to dress myself fully, I got a call from my family. I thought it was my mom, but it was my youngest sis who turned out to be relaying a message of my father to me.

Turned out to be that he crashed the car that he was driving while reversing from the garage earlier today. Since he is the employee, the employer (who is my uncle) wanted him to pay $1.5K for the damages if the repairs turned out to be $5K. Of course, my dad was upset. And he told me the story and all, including the status of the car and also he injured himself during the accident.

After listening to him, I was troubled. There's nothing much I can do. To help him pay? No way. But I was not knowledgable enough about the laws and contracts to advise him. I was also worried for him.

After hanging up the phone with him, I prayed. I know that God will be in front of us to be with us.

I was gathering my thoughts when hubby came home. Then just as I was about to start blogging, the verse on the banner came back to me.

No wonder, the whole of today, though I was feeling darn lazy and relunctant to go for kickbox, knowing that I will surely suffer at the hands of Philip (since I've stopped for almost 2 months!!) somehow, something just made me go ahead and go for it.

I think it's coz God know that this piece of bad news is coming, so before he present the bad thing to me, he sent me his word that he IS and WILL be here for me.

Thank you, Lord and God for being so kind to me. For being so senstitive to me and for being such a loving Father. I know, though this situation is not what we like or want to happen, I know that whatever the outcome, your approval is already given. Your signature is already on the verdict.

No comments: