Finally after a year long of RCIA, I was baptised on 26 March 2005 together with my class of Exodus 2006 and hubby.
As I look back and think of the journey, indeed, there are still ups and downs. I had to face my parents who were not too happy with the decision. Hubby's indecisiveness of christian or catholism. Hubby also brought me to the church he went before he know me, some Presbyterian church, he also brought me to New Creation. But I hated both. I simply just din like it.
It was like.. the 1st trip to hubby's church, I had a tummy ache which got really bad, but God is powerful. The moment I went into his house, the pain subsided. Then 2nd time, all was fine, but I din like the way communion was being done and I decided there and then. NO WAY. The visit to New Creation.. ee... I still feel as though we go and watch concert. Definately no way for me. And I got so swtiched off and turned off that I fell asleep at the summon that 1 of their foreign pastor was giving. Hubby tried to wake me up on mutliple occassions but I cannot. Slept thru the whole thing. Hubby then knew for me, it was Catholic or nothing.
There was also another occassion, during the Lentern season. when hubby and me was sitting and chatting in the park near to my parents' home. We were chatting about our faith, to be baptised or not.. if he is just a christian and I'm a catholic, our ways of worship and beliefs will vary. Then how do we teach our children? Can we live together? All these were uncertainties and fears in me. Hubby has no answer for me.. and we were both sitting there and staring at the sky.. when suddenly, I saw a green flash of light zoom past the sky. It started fm Godma's block and then down to somewhere near our current place.
I was surprised.. and when I asked hubby if he saw it, he said no. Then I know, know that it is God trying to tell me something. I still am not sure what it was He was trying to say. But I know for sure, that the green light I saw was his way of assuring me that all things will work out fine for us. =) And it did!
I was so bless with ppl who are sent into my life by God since young.. my aunt for planing the seed of faith in me when I was a kiddo. Somehow, this seed has sort of planted itself and at times when I din even realised, I turned to God.
Then I guess, I kept God for waiting too long, He called me again.. But again, I have to disappoint him.. coz of my granny.. Then I was sent into the arms and care of Ms Yip who nourished me with religious and faith stories. My whole family knew Ms Yip even my granny will enquire abt her. But yet, Ms Yip has never ever encouraged or suggest me to go for RCIA. If the suggestion came from her, I think I will not be facing much oppostion from my family. Then she left, and I got to know Shan. We spent much time on this topic and naturally, she's my Godma now. We got to know each other in RC, nothing religious at all yet, I believed God will it this way, so that he can call me to him again. And indeed He had.
So far, my faith journey is smooth, there is'nt any serious attacks by satan and in the end, the things that I fear most was all resolved. My family did not object too much. Hubby decided to go for baptism together thus we are of the same faith! Neither did his family object too much also.
Gosh, the wonders of God. He really takes care of every single thing!!
After the baptism, is the start of my life as a catholic. Till now, it's coming to 2 years, I never regretted my choice but I really do hope that I will grow to be spritually stronger and to be faithful to God always!
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment