Saturday, August 12, 2006

what's the size of mustard seed?

Mt 17:14-20
A man came up to Jesus, knelt down before him, and said,“Lord, have pity on my son, who is a lunatic and suffers severely;often he falls into fire, and often into water.I brought him to your disciples, but they could not cure him.”Jesus said in reply,“O faithless and perverse generation, how long will I be with you?How long will I endure you? Bring the boy here to me.”Jesus rebuked him and the demon came out of him,and from that hour the boy was cured.Then the disciples approached Jesus in private and said,“Why could we not drive it out?”He said to them, “Because of your little faith.Amen, I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed,you will say to this mountain,‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move.Nothing will be impossible for you.” Faith the size of mustard seed.

I remember Fr. Yim has preached on this passage during the homily before. He said, as long as we have faith, and if God wills it, then all things will be possible. Including driving out demons, moving mountains and even comanding the seas!

And all these will be possible if we have faith the size of mustard seed. It gets so amazing with what we can acheive for the good of God if we have faith. But the question now is, how to even acheive faith that is the size of mustard seed? Which I just did a search and found this pic. Mustard seed is really really small.
Like this only..

But how do I begin to grow my faith to even this size??

But, I think I am forgetting something. The response for today is "You forsake not those who seek you, O Lord." So with this response in mind. I guess, I shd carry on seeking the Lord God and hopefully, 1 day, my faith will be that of the mustard seed.

Postnote. This is not really turing out into the journal I have in mind.. but I think I will get the hang of it as time goes by.


No comments: