Thursday, August 10, 2006

YOU were with me, all these time.

I don't know why, but I just knew that God will be waiting for me. Will be here the moment I'm ready.

After Secondary school I made it to the polytechnic. And there I got to know my husband, my then boyfriend. He was a christian. I was quite happy to know that. Before we got together, we were organising the Freshmen Orientation 98/99. This gave us lots of chance to work together and I got to know my ex ex supervisor. Ms Yip.

Throughout the months of working together, there were ups and downs and Ms Yip even had arguements with the other staff. But things worked out after all. I remember is a christian and it was only later that I realised she's a Catholic.

My husband being a half pass six christian, was never willing to bring me to his church despite me asking him time and again. Especially during the Christmas holidays, I will pester him. Yet, he always give me reasons and excuses to not go.. hence I came to the conclusion that.. I won't be able to know more about God. But God has other plans for me!

After the tertiary education, hubby went onto NS and I started working, and the best was, I worked under Ms Yip. She's really a good mentor. She told me abt the catholic faith, her experiences, her story, the saints.. everything! I was like a sponge, absorbing all these in and thinking and dreaming of being a catholic with hubby.. But when I told hubby the stories, he doesn't seem interested. At least in my opinion, he was not interested.

But sadly, Ms Yip left the organisation. After she left, I had no one to tell me about all these and at the same, I was involved in RC work.. and got to know another lady, Shan. At first, we did not have much common topics, we hardly knew each other. Slowly, as we worked on some projects together, we got closer and then I found out she's a CATHOLIC too!! Hooray!! Hooray!! I was sooo happy.

She listened to me, abt work, life and bf problems. She encouraged me to go for Alpha since hubby alredy knows God but I don't. I asked hubby. He was not too keen but he still went with me.

The Alpha are basics of God. I was so interested in the course, I looked forward to going and I had lots to ask and share with Shan every time the lesson ended. Hubby, was always, 'all right'.. so I hardly talk to him abt God.

Shortly after that, Alpha ended. Shan was asking me to go for RCIA - Rites of Christian Initiation for Adults. Hubby was as usual not too keen. But I was all for it. I hoped and pray that he will go for RCIA with me. Shan, I think feel the same way. Finally, hubby says ok. He will come. Our RCIA started in May 2003.

We were in town on Christmas eve and plan to go to church for midnight mass. But was caught in a massive jam. We were sooo late for mass, then I sms Shan to say that, we are not coming. She replied. NVM, come as and when you can. Mass have not started and I reserved you seats. To be honest, I din feel like going, 1st) it will end at 1 am. My parents are gonna make a ruckus. 2) we were still in town and we are already late. But thank God for Shan's insistence. We made it.

Christmas 2003 was the first ever christmas that I celebrated in church at midnight. The experience was beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes on different occasions... and that night, Christmas became sooo much more meaningful than any other Christmases I have celebrated.

No comments: