Thursday, August 10, 2006

YOU heard me...

Ever since, my short encounters with God at THAT tender age. I stopped seeking God. But little did I know that He was with me all these time.

Fast forward to a few years, when I was a road prefect, it's my responsbility and duty to be at the traffic lights to make sure that my friends and other students will raise their hands when crossing. I remember this particular incident.

It was my duty again, and the sky was rumbling and grumbling. The signs of a heavy downpour is the next sure-est thing that will happen. Without thinking and coaching, I began to pray, in the mind of hm.. Maybe Pri 5 kid, abt 11 years old?

I said my prayer like this.

Dear Lord,
Please don't let it rain. I really like doing my duty, please please hold back the rain till we all reach home. Please let me do my duty.
If you can keep the rain away, I promise I will come to you when I grow up.
Amen.

And you know what, I firmly believe God heard my prayer. It did not rain. But I ended up forgetting this little promise till 2 years back.

No comments: