Yesterday was the 2nd night of the Triduum mass by Mgr Eugene Vaz. A little background of Mgr Eugene Vaz, he is the "assistant archbishop" except that his title is Vicar General and both he and his brother, Mgr Ambross Vaz are both God's chosen people, Priests. I think it's not easy to be a priest and yet, in his family both him and his brother are priests! The parents must really have done a very good job of teaching them when they were boys.
His homily was on "Lifeline to God" simply put - Prayer. This equals to how do we communicate with God. Mgr Vaz pointed out, the more we spend time in prayer, the more we will be influenced by God, the more we can be Christ like.
As in the Gospel reading. Luke 18:1-8. The necessity to pray always without becoming weary.
When we pray, be sure that God hears it, but we need to recongise the fact that what we pray for may not be what God has in mind for us. Yet, be sure that God hears us.
We were each given a prayer for the family in a little card.
Prayer for the Family
O God, our Lord and King, we thank you for each and every member of our family. We believe that each one of us is your special gift to us. We ask you to forgive us for those times we fail to love and care for one another.
Gracious King, we surrender to you all our needs, problems and heartahces. We implore you to set aright whatever is wrong within our family.
Lord and King, surroud each of us with your angels and saints. Protect us from all evil. Send forth your Holy Spirit upon us to increase our faith and trust in you. May the peace of your Holy Spirit flow into our home and remain with us now and forever more.
Amen.
Isn't it beautiful?
As I settled down into bed last nite, I kept thinking of my 2 BILs. Yeah, they are insenstitive but as a catholic should that be the way I behave towards them? After listening to the homily yesterday, and now after reciting the Family Prayer, I do feel ashamed of myself. Gosh...
P.s I saw my face with hubby being shows during the video show... Erika and Emma got so excited that they both let out squeals of excitment, I was embrassed. I think tonite may have one more pic. One taken with Godma and myself.
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment