Finally came to the last night of Triduum mass. Tomorrow will be the feast day of Christ, the King, which also happens to be the name of my parish church. But in actual fact, the celebration is for Christ, who is THE King.
M –
I – Identity
S – Salvation
S – Serve
As catholics, what is our mission? Our roles does not end by just being a child of God, in fact our work starts from after being baptized! It’s not enough that we are saved. We have to ensure that the rest of our family members are saved too.
Identity. What’s our identity? We are not just someone’s wife, daughter, sister, mother... We are more than that. We carry the name of Christ with us. If we behaved badly, we are going to invite the “You call yourself a catholic?!” from others. Above all else, we have to remember that we belong to God.
Salvation. By believing in God, we believe that we have eternal salvation. Christ has died for us, triump over evil and for that, we are saved from damnation.
Serve. Being a christian, or rather catholic is not just simply going for mass weekly. It's also about serving in the name of God. To serve the people of God.
Father Colin was not a very engaging speaker. Hence I can only remember so much... =P And coz hubby went to KL today, I was alone, I received the "where's ur hubby?" tones of times. -_-"


No comments:
Post a Comment