Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Lord is my Shepherd.

Hubby's contract has ended this week and I was feeling low. Very low.

Was worried about him, his job, our finances, will it cause a strain in our marriage, his course amongst other things.

I was praying, telling God my fears and my concerns. Above all, what really frightens me most is my quick temper and tongue. I'm deeply frightened that I cannot be the supportive wife to hubby. I'm afraid that I will give him undue pressure and this will hurt our marriage.

God must have known my distress and suddenly, I heard the choir struck up this hymn.. "The Lord is my Shepherd." I've heard this many times, but today, the words take on a different meaning.

I can literally hear God telling me thru the hymn, "Do not be afraid, I am with you. Even if you walk thru the dark valleys, have no fear, I am with you."

At this point in time, tears of joy and relief fell. I know that God is with me. I know that he will see us both thru this.

He is with me, I shall have no fear.

No comments: